What to Expect - Getting Ready
The Professional Team at CMPS will Prepare You for Your Procedures
Following your consultation with one of our surgeons or specialists, he or she will let you know what you need to do in preparation for surgery. Preparation needs differ between the differing procedures, but there are many common steps.
Before surgery, you may need:
- A medical evaluation and documentation from your primary care doctor
- Diagnostic testing
- Lab work
- Adjustment in your current medications
- To follow your individualized preparation and day-of-surgery instructions
- To learn about the type of anesthesia you will be receiving
- To discuss post-operative care and follow-up
- To sign consent forms after being informed of any surgical risks (standard procedure for any surgery)
If necessary given the type and extent of your surgery, we will need to know if you have made arrangements for someone take you home after the procedure and if you will have a caregiver available once you are home.