|Specimen: || Requires sample collection in 3 Cellestis QuantiFERON-TB Gold (ARUP #45112) tubes. A couple of spare sets are kept in the microbiology department.|
Follow collection instructions exactly. Print the ARUP test guide. Collection instruction video link is noted on the ARUP test note.
1) Collect 1 mLof blood into each of the 3 specialized tubes.
2) The tubes should be between 63F to 77F at the time of blood filling.
3) Completely fill each tube. Keep the needle on the tube for a couple of seconds after it appears to have stopped filling.
4) If using a butterfly, use a purge tube (waste tube).
5) Immediately following collection, each specimen tube must be mixed firmly up andd down 10 times to ensure that the entire surface of the tube has been coated with blood.
6) After mixing, incubate the tube upright at 37C for 16-24 hours (within 16 hours of collection).
7) After incubation, centrifuge the samples for 15 minutes at 2000-30000RCF (g).
8) Send the sample in the original tubes at 2-8C.