|Mnemonic: ||[ChrA POC]|
|Name: ||Chromosome Analysis, Products of Conception (POC)|
|Specimen: || Sample: Products of conception |
If autopsy is ordered, chest wall cartilage (particularly if macerated), gonad, spleen, kidney, or other internal organs
If no autopsy is performed, placenta from fetal side is preferred (e.g. villi, umbilical cord or Achilles tendon).
Do not place products of conception in formalin.
Keep sample at room temperature.
Refrigerated and frozen samples are unacceptable.
|Transport Temp: ||Store and transport sample at Room Temperature.|
|Spec Stability: ||Stable 24 hours ambient.|
|Ref Lab/Code: ||ARUP 2002288|
| Method: ||Giemsa-Band Analysis|
|Note: ||1. Specimen should arrive appropriately labeled with patient name, date of birth and/or MR number as well as specimen source. The specimen should be unfixed in a sterile container or specimen trap container.|
2. Pour a little 0.9% Sodium Chloride sterile saline solution immediately on the specimen to retain its moisture.
3. Contact On Call Pathologist immediately.
4. Examination of tissue and tissue submission is performed by the Pathologist. Appropriate tissue samples are submitted in a sterile manner into the appropriate holding media (RPMI or Thioglycollate or ARUP's tissue culture transport media #32788).
5. Order CHR POC. Footnote the sample source. Place CHR POC label on the specimen as well as on the ARUP Patient History for Cytogenetics form.
6. Fill out ARUP's Patient History Form with the following information:
--Gravida, Para, Gestational age, any unusual ultrasound finds, if any
--Other tests requested
--Lab # and Hospital MR #
--Date of LMP
--Appropriate Cytogenetic Test
7. Place specimen in biohazard bag along with completed patient history form. Have CR to a 1590/30 packing list for that specimen only.
|Processing Info: |
This test is not orderable in Powerchart or Logician. Send the sample and a pathology request form to the lab.
RPMI media is stored in the door of the histology refrigerator in a red bag.
Please submit Patient History Form -Cytogenetics (Chromosome Testing, Prenatal with the elctronic packing list. See ARUP web site for complete instructions.
ARUP's Cytogenetics Patient History Form