Women's Specialty Center Offers a Spectrum of Services
The Women's Specialty Center patient care team offers a comprehensive range of services, from well-woman care to surgery, for women of all ages.
The Center's services include diagnosis and treatment for sexual dysfunction, urogynecology and infertility counseling. State-of-the-art fertility treatment is available as a result of the Center's partnership with Boston IVF Clinic, a leading clinic in the field. Many women also come to the Center for assistance with issues that arise during menopause.
Other services include:
- Adult, adolescent and pediatric gynecologic care
- Vaginal and uterine bleeding problems
- Breast cancer prevention and detection
- Pelvic and vulvar pain
- Male infertility
- Sexually-transmitted diseases
- Urinary incontinence (in conjunction with the CMMC Bladder Control Center)
Surgical treatments provided by the Women's Specialty Center physicians include:
- Laparoscopic surgery for hysterectomy, tubal ligation, ovarian cyst removal, pelvic pain diagnosis, and infertility evaluation.
- Uterine balloon therapy for women with heavy, prolonged or painful periods who want an alternative to hysterectomy.
- Hysteroscopy, a diagnostic and surgical procedure that allows the surgeon to see the uterus.
- Vaginally-, abdominally-, or laparoscopically-performed hysterectomies.
- Laser surgery for the treatment of precancerous lesions of the cervix and other conditions of the vulva.
- Tubal reversal surgery â€“ a procedure that is 80 percent to 90 percent effective.
- TVT (tension-free vaginal tape): a minimally invasive procedure to correct urinary incontinence. The procedure is usually performed on an outpatient basis and most women recover in just two weeks.
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery performed as an outpatient procedure or requiring just a one-night hospital stay.
The Women's Specialty Center is at 287 Main Street Plaza, Suite 201, across from CMMC. 207-795-7180.