CMMCâ€™s Special Delivery Family Birthing Center Offers Educational Programs for New Parents
Central Maine Medical Center's Special Delivery Family Birthing Center offers several educational programs for expectant mothers and their spouses, partners or birth coach. All classes except breastfeeding have a fee. Check with your insurance company to see if classes are covered.
- The New Parentsâ€™ Package, which covers childbirth education and provides information about breastfeeding. ($100 for two).
- The Hypnobirthing® Package, which includes comprehensive information about this natural process, as well as information about infant care and breastfeeding. ($135 for two.)
- Infant/Child CPR. Learn the lifesaving technique of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This is an important class for anyone who may be a babyâ€™s caregiver. (Must be prepaid. $45 per couple.)
- Breastfeeding Class. Learn about anatomy, milk production, your babyâ€™s needs, positioning and techniques, and more.
- Sibling Class. This special class is held on Saturdays, to help youngsters understand more about the arrival of a new family member. The class helps youngsters learn what to expect at home with the addition of a new baby. We also have "fun time" with crafts, as the children make a special card to welcome their newest sibling.
Some special offerings from the Family Birthing Center include:
Weekend Childbirth Education classes, which cover the same information in the five-week course, but in a shorter time period for parents who only have available time on the weekends. ($100 for two.)
We also offer a Breastfeeding Support Group that meets weekly.
For parents who have experienced loss, we offer a Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support group, which meets on the third Wednesday of every month.
For dates and times: Childbirth Education Events Calendar.
FMI: Call Nancy at 207-795-5559. You can also register for classes online.