Childbirth Education Program
CMMC Offers Comprehensive Education Program to Assist Expectant Moms and Partners
Central Maine Medical Center's Special Delivery Family Birthing Center offers several educational programs for expectant mothers and their spouses, partners or birth coach. All classes except breastfeeding have a fee, which is subject to change. Check with your insurance company to see if classes are covered.
- The New Parents’ Package, which includes a Childbirth Education class and a Breastfeeding Class. ($100 for two).
- The Hypnobirthing® Package, which includes comprehensive information about this natural process, as well as information about infant care and breastfeeding. ($135 for two.)
- Infant/Child CPR. Learn the lifesaving technique of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This is an important class for anyone who may be a baby’s caregiver. (The class must be pre-paid. $45 per couple.)
- Breastfeeding Class. Learn about anatomy, milk production, your baby’s needs, positioning and techniques, and more. This class has no cost to attend and coaches/partners should be present at the class as well.
- Sibling Class. This special class is held on Saturdays, to help siblings understand more about the arrival of a new family member.
We also offer Saturday Childbirth Education classes, which covers the same information in the five-week course, but in a shorter time period, for parents who only have available time on the weekends. ($100 for two.)
We also offer a Breastfeeding Support Group that meets weekly.
For parents who have experienced a pregnancy loss, we offer a Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support group, which meets on the third Wednesday of every month, from 7-9 PM, Conference Room D at 12 High Street.
FMI: Call Nancy at 207-795-5559. You can register for classes online. For dates and times: Childbirth Education Events Calendar.