AED Project - Grant
Tri-County EMS and Central Maine Heart & Vascular Institute
This AED website was created to support the distribution of AEDs in the Tri-County EMS Region and to provide support to those who have AEDs in Androscoggin, Oxford and Franklin Counties. The web address is www.cmmc.org/aed.php
The website will be used by all AED grant recipients for the following purposes:
- To maintain and update organizational contact information and the location of the AED in your facility
- To contact the AED project staff
When the device is used
- If there is a concern about the device
If the organization has changed and the device needs to be given to another organization for use.
The website will be used by the grant project staff for the following purposes:
- To remind AED recipients and owners on a quarterly basis to check their devices for expiration dates of batteries and electrodes, to assure the device is being maintained.
- To notify AED recipients and owners of any recalls or upgrades needed to the AED.
- To ask AED recipients and owners if their device has been used in the prior period. This will allow the grant project staff to follow up on any use for reporting purposes.
The website can also be used by anyone to:
- See the locations of AEDs in our region, and in the future, state-wide
To obtain information about AEDS, cardiac arrest and stroke
- To obtain information about the AED grant project.
In the future, other AED owners will be encouraged to register their AEDs on this site, so they can receive e-mail notification of maintenance reminders, updates, and to report the use of their device and also have their device located on the map. This will be available to anyone with an AED in Maine.